Click Here for Employment Application
Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Summary Maintenance Instumentation/Electrical Technitian
- Technician responsible for: Repair, replacement of plant instrumentation / electronic equipment. Ensure maximum production quantity and quality, while supporting the policies, goals and objectives of the company. Technician will work a 10 hour shift schedule 4 days a week and share a rotating weekly after hours on call shift. They may also be utilized in the material handling grains department and other departments as needed. This position requires a great deal of flexibility and the ability to adapt to change.
- Principal Duties/Responsibilities
- Reports directly to maintenance Manager
Install, maintain and troubleshoot instrumentation and control systems, e.g. – level, flow, pressure, temperature and motor speed loops
Demonstrate how to use an instrumentation communicator (Hart or Generic) interact with field instrumentation
Working knowledge of a DCS system
Troubleshoot Input and output circuits for Analog and Discrete communication Loops.
Replace an existing transmitter with an identical device.
Have a working knowledge of serial communications, e.g. RS232, RS485
Recognize specialized propriety communication hardware, controllers, and positioners.
Have a working knowledge of Allen-Bradley, ABB and Total Control PLCs.
Demonstrate how to setup communication with a PLC both isolated and within a VLAN.
Calibrate instrumentation on site when all supporting equipment is available.
Interpret drawings for instrument, motor loops and e-stop circuits.
Demonstrate a working knowledge of pneumatic control systemsHave a working knowledge of VFDs Monitor operation of plant equipment and systems.Reviews the operation of plant equipment and systems constantly, to minimize unplanned downtime, anticipate problems in a timely manner, and to identify opportunities for improvement.
Carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
Ensures city, county state, and federal regulations relating to the maintenance department are met at all times.
Coordinate activities with other departmentsInitiates and carries out projects that improve efficiency and/or reduce operating costs.
Communicates directly with the operations department to coordinate maintenance and repair work in process areas.
Communication: respectful to other employees & Venders / contractors
- Must be able to communicate verbally, written to maintenance manager and plant manager
- Must be able to communicate to venders about new equipment, upgrades and troubleshooting activity’s.
Follow plant policy procedures programs required to ensure plant safety and cleanliness.
Assists with implementing plant improvements and expansions.
- Participates in safety, health and environmental programs.
- Knows and understands city, county, state and federal regulations relating to process operations and works in a manner to ensure that these regulations are met at all times.
- Participates in plant safety program and must follow all procedures at all times.
- Must complete safety training, and attend all training activities required.
Minimum Job Requirements
Minimum of two years of electrical maintenance experience in a process plant environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have expertise and proficiency with basic office software, e.g., word processing, email, and spreadsheets.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work near moving mechanical parts
- All new hired staff will be required to complete an online ethanol short course that the company provides starting within one year of employment
- Working environment:
The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions; must be able to climb ladders and to work in high, precarious places; and outdoor weather conditions
The employee may be occasionally exposed to high noise environments.V. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet or humid conditions; must be able to climb ladders and to work in high, precarious places; and in all outdoor weather conditions. Must be able to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds. Pass company physical.